Polish doctor that refused to perform abortion named a “hero”
Dr Bogdan Chazan was visited by an expecting mother (32 weeks into pregnancy), who already had 5 miscarriages before and was worried about her health. It turned out that the fetus had hydrocephalus, undeveloped brain and was missing many bones from its skull. The Doctor refused to perform an abortion and didn’t send the woman to another hospital which could do so (according to polish law, if a doctor doesn’t want to perform an abortion, he has to choose another hospital which will agree to do so). Chazan was named a “local hero” and “true warrior of Jesus in the name of life of the unborn” by many polish politicians and catholic activists. He used conscience clause as an excuse for his actions.
The woman gave birth to the child through a C-section. She and her husband spent 10 painful days watching their deformed child die a horrible death. When she finally decided to speak out, she said:
“During these 10 days, no priest, no pro life activist or even dr Chazan came to see the child, to ask if they can help. It was really hard to look at our child. We knew what was coming, but it was still very hard to cope with”
Congratulations, pro-lifers - another “life” saved, another “happy” child and “happy” family.
welcome to poland basically
but also he was fired from that hospital so that’s great
"so she’s gay now?"
yeah she turned in all the paperwork last week and her acceptance letter came this morning, it was all pretty sudden
it’s ironic because this is actually the process for mainstream society to recognize you as trans
My life is the little squirt of yogurt that shoots out when you open a thing of yogurt
there are so many cute girls on tumblr it’s literally the only reason i’m on here anymore
Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.
— Oscar Wilde
Artist | PJ Harvey
Song | The Slow Drug
Album | Uh Huh Her
Released | May 31, 2004 [UK] ; June 8, 2004 [UK]
trying not to buy everything in the agent provocateur summer sale aesthetic
Needle In The Hay - Elliott Smith
everytime i hear this song i am back in that rough flat with my brother wearing linen shirts and living in a hazy summer fog
averymadtaurine said: I'm just curious,cuz I don't know all that much about John green. but what did he do wrong?
Most people don’t know anything about what is wrong with John Green, because tumblr idolizes him, so it’s alright not to know. We’re going to rock down to education avenue so you can get learned. Buckle up, kids, because we’re going on a magical adventure called “I have a lot to say about John Green.”
- John Green referred to female nerds as “resources.” You know, instead of just people with interests. They’re some rare breed of creature that we must value. Ew. He also “apologized” for this. I put quotes around apologized because he said sorry, but then made it pretty clear that he felt he shouldn’t have to be sorry because it was a joke.
- He has a tendency to shame thin women for their thinness and makes out plastic surgery to be an inherently bad thing. As if there aren’t women who get plastic surgery because they want to look how they want and not because of the pressures of society. So he criticizes things in the wrong ways. He can be against people being pressured to look differently, but he shouldn’t be such a prick about people who change their appearance to make themselves happy.
- He made up the holiday “Hanko de Mayo,” succeeding in appropriating the holiday of Cinco de Mayo, and then refused to apologize when called out for it.
- He used the slur “tr**ny,” while defending the casually cissexist and deeply Islamophobic Laci Green.
- Calls himself fat constantly even though he isn’t, which is an issue very similar to Jennifer Lawerence’s repeated attribution of the term to herself. They aren’t fat. They don’t know what it is like to be fat. If they see themselves as fat, how fat must they think actually, legitimately fat people are? Not to mention his encouragement of humiliating fat people into weight loss. He encourages the concept of insulting people for their weight as a method of encouraging them to drop the pounds.
- He slut-shames fairly frequently and discourages the dating around and having sex with a lot of guys thing, as if that’s something he should be the authority on.
- He encourages the “the teenage years are the best of your life concept.” When asked if he would every write a novel about a young adult, he said he’s never writing about adults, because they are boring, and that the teenage years are the best, and everything only goes downhill from there. As an adult author who’s primary fan base is teenagers, many of whom are depressed, have bad family lives, fear for their futures, or are even possibly suicidal, he needs to not be doing that. He needs to be encouraging the concept of things getting better as you age and reminding people that they won’t always be where they are right now. If I, as a severely depressed teenager, was told by a man I idolized that things would only go downhill from here, I would be wrecked. Way to go, John Green.
- He only writes stories about white girls and encourages the valuing of low-self esteem “pretty but she doesn’t know it girls.” He’s writing the same white boy meets white girl stories over and over again and acts as if he’s some progressive writer when he’s not doing anything tremendously different.
- His “nerd culture” is just an aggressive reversal on “regular culture” in that he encourages nerds to shame people for their interests. “Lmao what stupid jocks, enjoying different things than I enjoy. They like football so they’re stupid and somehow less special and important than me.”
- He’s got that whole manic pixie dream girl thing going on where he encourages the concept that some awkward weird out of the ordinary girl is going to come crashing into your boring or depressing life and somehow making better, which just leaves people waiting for the manic pixies as things crash down around them instead of actually trying to make things better for themselves.
- He romanticizes mental illness to a gross extent and tries to portray characters with mental illness without doing any actual research into mental illnesses, giving us stupid caricatures and misrepresentations. Not to mention that he called people with mental illnesses “broken.”
- Fuck John Green.
praise jesus for this post
ultimate dream is to be ali michael obvs
Clementine von Radics
Salome dances her dance of the seven veils,
The men all eye her like wolves on the hunt, this beautiful girl
finally undressing for them. Finally they can see her
exactly as they want to.
The first veil drops.
In 2007, Kim Kardashian’s ex-boyfriend
released their sex tape against her will.
Kim Kardashian, rather than hide in shame
Used the publicity to promote her own career.
Salome moves like a dream half-remembered.
Salome dances like a siren song. All the men ache
to see the hot sugar of her hip bones.
The second veil drops.
In 2014, Kim Kardashian walks down the aisle
As the whole world watches. If only all of us
were so successful in our revenge.
If only all of us stood in our Louboutin heels
on the backs of the men who betray us,
surveying the world we created for ourselves.
The third veil drops.
Kim Kardashian knows exactly what you think of her.
She presses the cloth tighter against her skin
Her smile is a promise she never intends to keep
We can almost see all of her.
Salome shows us her body
but never her eyes.
The fourth veil is dropping.
The four things most recently tweeted at Kim Kardashian were
@KimKardashian Suck My Dick
@Kim Kardashian Can I Meet Kanye?
@KimKardashian Please Fuck Me
@KimKardashian I Love You. I Love You.
Women are told to keep their legs shut.
Women are told to keep their mouths shut.
Some women are kept silent for so long,
They become experts in the silent theft of power.
The fifth veil has dropped.
Kim Kardashian made $12 million dollars this year
Yesterday, uncountable men in their miserable jobs,
told their miserable friends that Kim was a “dumb whore”
Kim Kardashian will never learn their names.
The sixth veil has dropped.
The seventh veil has dropped.
And Salome sat beside King Herod. And he swore unto her
“Whatsoever thou shalt ask of me, I will give to thee
unto the half of my kingdom”
And she smiled, and said
“Bring me the head of John The Baptist.
Punish the man who hurt me”